September 21, 2018
Fun Run Fundraiser for Anne Hutch
Tuesday’s Fun Run was so much fun! It was amazing to have so many families come out to support this event! Our friends from Boosterthon built an awesome track in our gym and we were excited to help our school AND get some exercise! We are thrilled to share that we raised over $18,000 for Anne Hutchinson School! Thank you to all of our students and their families and friends for making such generous contributions to our school. I would also like to thank our PTA - particularly Renee DiBenedetto, Alysse Jinete, and Marisa Junta - for their leadership in this effort.
Eastchester Green Festival
The annual Eastchester Green Festival will take place at Anne Hutchinson School tomorrow, Saturday, September 29th from 11 am - 2 pm. Please come enjoy free pony rides, live music, a kid friendly food truck, and lots of fun activities for kids including Mr. O’Neil’s garden booth!
We would like to provide some helpful information and important reminders well in advance of our Halloween Parade. As always, thank you for your continued support and cooperation!
Parade at Anne Hutch
- If your family does not participate in Halloween festivities, please inform your child’s teacher. Students who do not participate will enjoy supervised time in our school’s computer lab during the parade.
- Our parade will take place outside on Wednesday, October 31st at 2:15 pm.
○ To ensure our children’s safety, parents/spectators should not be in masks or costumes.
○ In the event of rain:
■ Grades 4 and 5 families should sit in the auditorium to view the parade.
■ Grades 2 and 3 families should gather in the gym to view parade.
- Please plan for your child to follow his or her normal dismissal routine. Students will not be dismissed to families from the parade.
Halloween Candy and Treats
Please keep in mind the dangers to children who suffer from peanut/tree nut allergies or any other kind of allergy. For classroom celebrations on Halloween, please remember that our classrooms are nut-free environments. Following the holiday, halloween candy and treats should remain at home.
Costumes should be easy to change into and brought to school on Oct. 31st.
- Costumes should be age appropriate for young children.
- Props that are of a violent nature or resemble a weapon will not be permitted.
- Masks or heavy make-up which make your child unrecognizable are not allowed in school.
- Slenderman, Freddy Krueger, scary clowns and any other costume that depicts a violent character are not permitted in school.
Have a great Weekend!