Spring Concert and Arts Exhibition
Wow! Our 4th and 5th grade members of the orchestra, band, and chorus dazzled on Monday evening! Together with the many families in attendance, I was so proud of their wonderful performances! Congratulations once again to our young musicians and many thanks to our music teachers, Suzanne Greene and Doug Zantay, for preparing our students so well!
The Arts Festival looked beautiful in the Anne Hutch gymnasium! Families and students enjoyed viewing the many artworks created under the expert guidance of our fantastic art teacher, Gina Zohar. Thank you to our PTA as well as the custodial team for helping to set up the show!
Social Skills Celebration
We enjoyed celebrating the 4th and 5th graders’ participation in this year’s social skills program this morning! I would like to, once again, thank Colette Donato, Lisa Knapp, as well as our SEPTA and PTA for the tremendous success of our students through this program.
Dream Day Competition
The Loukoumi Foundation, led by parent Nick Katsoris, is a great friend to Anne Hutchinson School. We are encouraging students to enter the foundation’s annual Dream Day Contest! To learn more about the contest, click
Send your cell phone videos (30 seconds or less) recorded horizontally telling what you want to be when you grow up and why. Email to Loukoumi@aol.com by May 30. Open to all kids 5 to 15. The winner will live a day in their dream career. Believe in yourself and dreams come true!
NEWS from Merrie Daitch, Anne Hutch Librarian
It’s hard to believe that in 5 short weeks we will be ending another school year! Beginning the week of May 28th, the library will be undergoing our annual inventory. Therefore, all materials should be returned during the week of May 21st.
Overdue notices have gone home, so if you suspect a book is lost, please email me and let me know. Please do not wait until June…I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you pay for a lost book and it turns up before June 22nd, please have your child bring it to the library so that we may refund your money.
Reading is not just a September through June pleasure! To encourage summer reading, check out the Summer Reading Programs at the Eastchester Public Library, Tuckahoe Public Library, or Scarsdale Public Library. Happy reading!
5th Grade Moving Up Festivities
Our Moving Up celebration is almost here!
Please review the important information below.
MOVING UP PARTY
- The party will take place on Friday, June 15th, from 6:00 - 8:00 pm in the Anne Hutchinson gym!
- On Monday, June 18th, we will hold an Awards Ceremony for the 5th grade.
- Please note this is an event for students and faculty only.
- The Awards Ceremony will serve as a dress rehearsal for the Moving Up ceremony, so 5th graders may come to school dressed nicely for this event.
MOVING UP CEREMONY
- On Tuesday, June 19th, the Moving Up ceremony will take place at 4:30 pm in the auditorium of Anne Hutchinson School.
- Students should arrive between 4:00 and 4:15 pm and report to the cafeteria of Anne Hutchinson School.
- Please ensure your child is in the following attire:
○ BOYS: Khakis and polo shirt with shoes
■ No sneakers, suits or ties, please!
○ GIRLS: Casual dress or skirt and sensible shoes
■ No high heels/backless shoes or strapless dresses, please!
- The back lot and front field (weather permitting) will be available for parking.
- After the ceremony, the bridge will be available outdoors, weather permitting, for photo opportunities. In the event of inclement weather, it will be available inside.
Have a Great Weekend!