9:30 am PTA Holiday Breakfast @ Anne Hutch
FRI, 12/22 - MON, 1/1
SCHOOL CLOSED: Winter Recess
Winter weather is here!
Technically, it’s still fall...but the winter weather is here! As we head into the winter months, it’s important to share important information about school closings, delayed openings and early dismissals due to inclement weather.
- Announcements are sent via the district’s automated message system to the phone number and email address you provided on the emergency contact form. They are also available online and broadcasted on both television and radio.
- In the event of a delayed opening, students may arrive about 15 minutes before the delayed opening time. For example, with a two hour delay, school will begin at 10:33 am and students may arrive at 10:15 am. Please do not send your child to school any earlier as there is no supervision.
- There is no band, orchestra or chorus on days with delayed openings
- Please have a plan in place for your children in the event of an early dismissal or delayed opening. Share the plan with your child well in advance so he or she understands it and doesn’t become concerned.
- Please make sure that the emergency contacts you provided to the school are reliable adults who can assist during an early dismissal or an emergency closing of any kind.
News from the Library
Our 2nd grade classes have been investigating biographies. They briefly used Worldbookonline---KIDS during our class. If you would like to use this resource at home, go to www.worldbookonline.com
Both log in and password are: emhsny
If you do not see the KIDS icon, go to the bottom of the page and click on it. We will be using this resource later in the school year. Have fun exploring!
Your Anne Hutchinson Librarian
For more glimpses into life at Anne Hutch, you can now follow me as @PrincipalKeane on Twitter!