Tom Chapin Concert
Big thanks to our PTA’s Cultural Arts Committee for arranging our very own concert with 3-time Grammy Award Winning singer-songwriter, Tom Chapin! On Wednesday, Mr. Chapin led the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders in many of their favorite songs, including “R-E-C-Y-C-L-E” and “Together Tomorrow.” His amazing guitar and banjo skills kept the children (and teachers) singing and a very good time was had by all!
Our 5th graders enjoyed the tradition of a day of sun and fun at Lake Isle for the annual DARE Picnic. Thank you to the wonderful Eastchester Police Department for their tremendous support of our school and our greater community. We appreciate all you do!
5th Grade Moving Up
Our Moving Up ceremony is almost here!
MOVING UP CEREMONY
- On Wednesday, June 21st, the Moving Up ceremony will take place at 4pm in the gym of Eastchester High School.
- Students should arrive between 3:30 and 3:45 pm and report to the cafeteria of Eastchester Middle School.
- Please ensure your child is in the following attire:
- BOYS: Khakis and polo shirt with shoes
- No sneakers, suits or ties, please!
- GIRLS: Casual dress or skirt and sensible shoes
- No high heels/backless shoes or strapless dresses, please!
- Parking early will not be possible due to Greenvale’s ceremony in the same location.
- Please do not arrive before 3:30 pm.
- Follow the parking attendant’s directions.
- After the ceremony, the bridge will be available outside of the gym doors, toward the field, for photo opportunities. In the event of inclement weather, it will be available in the gym lobby.
MOVING UP PARTY
- The party starts at 6:30 pm in the Anne Hutchinson gym!
2nd Grade Orientations for Students and Families
It was so fun to welcome our soon-to-be 2nd graders on Wednesday morning! The 1st graders had the opportunity to spend time in a 2nd grade classroom with the current 2nd graders and they also toured the school. We were impressed by their wonderful questions and their stellar behavior! We look forward to welcoming our new students and their families to Anne Hutch this fall!
Summer Reading Program with State Senator George Latimer
Click HERE for more information
Congratulations to 4th grader, Hikari Miyanishi, in Mrs. Cartolano’s class. Hikari’s poem has been recognized as award winning in this year’s Tuckahoe Poetry Contest!
From Your Anne Hutchinson Library
Click HERE to see all of the Birthday Books purchased this year!!!
Library check-out has ended for the year. All books are due in the library. Please finish reading your books and send them in. Our 2nd grade is using World Book Online--KIDS. Your children may also use it at home. Go to: worldbookonline.com The log-on and password are the same: emhsny
Loukoumi Dance Party and Make a Difference Awards
The 3rd Annual Loukoumi Dance Party and Make a Difference Awards will take place on Friday, June 23rd, 6-10 pm at Mulino’s in Lake Isle Country Club. Students are encouraged to enter the Dream Day Contest to win a day experiencing a dream career. Email firstname.lastname@example.org your cell phone video, 30 seconds or less by May 26, in horizontal format, telling what you want to be when you grow up and why. The winner will be selected live at the event to live a dream career day! If you would like to be entered in a raffle to win tickets to the event, please email email@example.com. Click HERE for more information
Warmer Weather in May and June
Spring is here and with it comes warmer weather! Here are a few important reminders for the coming months at Anne Hutch:
- Please label jackets and hoodies with your child’s first and last name and speak to your child about being responsible for his or her belongings at school. Too many valuable items are ending up in the Lost and Found after recess.
- Students are expected to dress appropriately for school. Keep in mind that midriff blouses are not allowed and shorts should be an appropriate style and length.
- Appropriate footwear is required for health and safety reasons. Flip flops and high heels/wedges are not allowed due to safety concerns.
Thank you for your ongoing support!
Attention 4th Grade Parents…
It is time to choose the 5th grade committee for the “Class of 2018.” Being on this committee requires a lot of commitment and time to your child’s graduating class. You have to be willing to give 110% to all activities, meetings, and whatever else is needed to make your child’s final year at Anne Hutch a memorable one!
Click HERE for more information and a downloadable form
Teacher Institute of Lower Westchester and the EASTCHESTER PTA Present........
The BRIDGE AND ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS for incoming students in grades 1-9. All classes are located at Eastchester Middle/High School. We are so excited that our program will run for 4 weeks from July 17, 2017 through August 11, 2017.
The Bridge Program is a program that enhances children’s academic experience by preparing them to begin school in September. We provide 7.5 hours of Math instruction and 7.5 hours of ELA instruction each week, 8:30am – 11:30am.
The 2017 Bridge Program course fee is $550.00, which includes two weeks/30-hours of instruction/per session. Please click HERE for more information on registering.